Last updated: Dec 2019
- when you visit or use:
- the applicationreadiness.com website (the “Website”); and/or
- any of the services accessible through the Website (including, without limitation, the services made available to you via the “Readiness” software (the “Software”)) (together the “Services”); and
- through offline sales and marketing activities.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Website and/or using the Services, you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (which come into force on 25 May 2018 and which will replace the DPA), the data controller is Application Readiness Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 08858485, and having its office at Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX.
Personal data we collect
The types of personal data we collect from you will depend on the type of interaction you have with us. Broadly speaking, the types of personal data that we collect may include:
- if you or the entity that you represent are a customer of Application Readiness: your full name, email address, postal address and telephone number, and your log-in and password details;
- if you are a job applicant, employee or contractor: your full name, contact details (including address, phone number and email address), identification details, job title, employment history and education details, names and contact details of referees, next of kin details, national insurance number or other information if required by law;
- personal data that you provide by completing forms on the Website, including if you sign up to receive our news and updates, if you request a trial of our product or if you request any other information;
information contained in messages when you post on our social media accounts;
- information contained in communications you send to us, for example when you report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website or its content; and
- data from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Website for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide any such data. However, if you choose to withhold requested data, you may not be able to access all of the Website’s contents and services.
We also collect personal data automatically when you use the Website and when you navigate through the Website. Data collected automatically may include usage details, geo-location data, IP addresses and data collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies (which may not be data that identifies you). For more information on our use of these technologies, see the section below entitled “Cookies”.
We may also collect personal data relating to you from third parties. This may include (but is not limited to) the collection of personal data relating to you from:
- our partners and/or suppliers;
- someone you duly authorise to act on your behalf; and
- recruiters we have retained and from referees you have provided in support of a job application.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of this Website. This allows this Website, through its server, to provide users with a tailored experience within this Website.
You are advised that if you wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this Website on to your computer hard drive you should take necessary steps within your web browser security settings to block all cookies from this Website and its external serving vendors, although this may disable or render unusable some of the features of this Website.
How we use personal data
We use personal data relating to you that we collect, or that you provide to us, for the purposes of our legitimate interests as follows:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to administer this Website and the Software and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve this Website and the Software to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- to liaise with our partners and suppliers in connection with your use of the Services;
- to deal with enquiries or complaints;
- as part of our efforts to keep this Website and the Software safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to conduct our internal business and management processes, for example accounting or auditing purposes; and
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect.
We may combine this data with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect that relates to you. We may use this personal data and the combined data for the purposes set out above (depending on the type of data we receive).
You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Application Readiness Ltd, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out the tasks above for your benefit.
Disclosure of personal data
We may disclose personal data relating to you to third parties in certain circumstances including (but not limited to) the following:
- other third parties we engage to help us run our business – such as our contractors; pay roll service providers; debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions;
- analytics and search engine service providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this Website;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you; and
- our professional advisors, including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- law enforcement bodies, Courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies;
We may also disclose personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we restructure our business, or if integrate our business with another group of companies, in which case personal data held by us will be disclosed to the new owner to be used in the same ways set out in this policy;
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect.
Before we disclose any personal data to a third party, we take steps to ensure that the third party will protect personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws and in a manner consistent with this policy. Third parties are required to restrict their use of this data to the purpose for which the data was provided.
Although this Website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links users should always adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this Website.
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that we participate on are subject to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies of those social media platforms.
This Website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from our web pages to the social media platform in question. Where you use such social sharing buttons you do so at your own discretion – you should note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account. Please note these social media platforms have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these social media platforms.
Where we store personal data
If you live in the EU, the personal information relating to you that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, locations outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Countries where personal information relating to you may be stored and/or processed, or where recipients of personal information relating to you may be located, may have data protection laws which differ to the data protection laws in your country of residence. By submitting your personal information, you accept that personal information relating to you may be transferred, stored or processed in this way. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information and data via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data relating to you, we cannot guarantee the security of such data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received personal data relating to you, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. The safety and security of your information and any personal data relating to you also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Website and/or the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We take steps to destroy or de-identify personal data when the information is no longer required for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed by us and we are no longer required by law to retain the information.
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) give you the right to access personal data held relating to you. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before taking any action in response to any request. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data that we hold relating to you.
We also want to make sure that any personal data relating to you that we hold is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any personal data you think is inaccurate. You may also ask us to erase any personal data relating to you that we hold.
Requests in this section should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to us at Application Readiness Ltd, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX.
We will only send you marketing material if you consent. We will only send personal data relating to you to a third party for marketing purposes if you consent. When you have consented to marketing material, you have the right at any time to ask us not to process personal data relating to you for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the marketing emails we send to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Application Readiness Ltd, Kemp House, 152 – 160 City Road, London EC1V 2NX.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using personal data relating to you, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to this policy
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed. You may also ask us to correct or update any personal data we hold relating to you at any time.
You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us or telephoning us at:
Application Readiness Ltd
152 – 160 City Road
Tel: 020 3633 5432